Since 2014, Audi is official partner of the Berlinale – Berlins grande film festival. To celebrate the occasion (and a moody German summer), the German car brand has introduced an extremely unique concept to the city: the open air cinema, but in flashy Audi cars and front row seats (as opposed to make-shift public viewing in the park).
We really enjoyed ourselves last year, and although open air cinemas are now blowing up around the city, the Audi Urban Cinema specifically had us thirsting for more. It was just perfect. How we were picked up from home, how we were treated to great food, how we enjoyed watching a really exciting movie in a nice car…
Thankfully, the event returns this year: The Audi Urban Cinema 2015 season is rolling on four hot wheels. This time, the event is taking place at the Kulturbrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg.
There will be three nights, from the 1st to the 3rd of July, in this Open Air Drive-In Theater, with a solid selection of movies:
In addition to the blockbusters, there will also be screenings of shorts by three young German movie makers on the subject of “Love Stories”. The entrance to the Audi Urban Cinema 2015 is free, but: you can win 2×2 guestlist spots for a seat in a luxurious Audi convertible, as well as free drinks and street food. Read on to find out how to win.
For all of those who want to stop by: there will also be containers, made like typical Berlin living rooms, to sit in and watch from, tribunes, seats in the grass and the Audi lounge. There’ll enough space to spread out comfortably, and also a food market for the hunger (not to forget the popcorn and the drinks).
If you want to go but don’t have a date yet, check out the collaboration of ImGegenteil with Audi Urban Cinema. Five singles will be introduced to the readers, who can then apply for a date to the drive-in movies (where they’ll meet for the first time). Sounds like fun and awkwardness.
Audi Urban Cinema at Kulturbrauerei 2015
– Free Entry (but you can win guestlist for free food & drinks and best seats below)
– From the 1st to the 3rd of July, from 6pm
– Urban Food, Popcorn & Drinks
– Nightcrawler, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Monsieur Claude and His Daughters
– Kulturbrauerei Prenzlauer Berg
– Safe for all weather conditions
– Be early, as it is first come first serve for the seats (around 6pm)
– Register seats on http://www.urban-cinema.de and find more info on www.facebook.com/audiurbancinema
Win 2×2 guestlist spots for the 3rd of July 2015 at Audi Urban Cinema (“Grand Budapest Hotel”) for a pick up shuttle (of course, in a fancy Audi) for you and your date; front row seats in an Audi convertible; and free food & drinks:
– like this post, retweet it or share it and
– tell us which movie you’d love to see next time at the Audi Urban Cinema in our comments below.
We will notify the winners on the 1st of July via e-mail.
Supported by Audi.